Wednesday, July 2, 2008

for your viewing ...reading... pleasure

Drillbit Taylor is a failure! Sorry Owen...but well, this movie was uh, lame. I am usually not so hard on films...I can even deal with the worst of them, but well, this one was just not my cup of tea. BUT, just think, it can only go up from here!

On other films...I recently watched, or rather, finally watched....The Notebook...and OMG! I see what I was missing. What an awesome film...it will be a classic. It will be one that film classes dissect in future times. It IS worthy!

I also saw "The End of the Affair"...it was good too. I enjoyed the way it was put together and the concept and narration were interesting. Worth watching (but uh, it's probably considered a chic flick so be warned)...still it was good :)

And, just so you don't think that all I have been doing lately is watching movies...I read a book the other night. Started it as soon as I got Aoife in bed (that was midnight since she took a way late nap - sigh) and finished it by 3 AM :) Ok, so what was it you ask? The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Yes, a teen book. I met the author, Ann Brashares, when I was in NYC in February and I wish I had read it before I met her...but at least I can say I have read it now! I WILL be reading the next 3...and plan to check out the movie too. Shall be interesting to see the changes from book to film.

2 comments:

java diva said...

You are the 2nd person in a week I've heard recommend the Notebook. And when it was released to rent a couple years back it was strongly recommended by a friend. But the only movies we watch, it seems, are kid-centered. Sigh...I guess it will have to wait till they move out!
That is so cool you got to meet Ann Brashares! Do you have any pics to scrapbook about that convention? Have you even blogged about it??

Pepper said...

I know...what kind of blogger am I?!!! I attempted to have two blogs...uh yeah, what was I thinking? to separate my writing from my crafting, but writing is part of crafting, so I will just merge the two...guess I know my next bloggin subject ;) I have also written about my NYC writers/illustrators experience in a kids newsletter I maintain for a summer reading club, but uh, that was for kids (at least I know where I can repurpose it :)) More on this soon!!!