Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Friday!

It's Friday!!! Weekend is here...and as it is the second Friday, this also happens to be Ceili night in Salem! :) (a Ceili is an Irish music & dance celebration...and I help organize and run them locally) ...so my day is to be filled with errands and prep work, but don't let you think that means I don't have crafting on my mind...

I stopped in at Jo-Ann's last night, inspired by a 40% coupon burning a hole in my pocket and picked up this lil number...

Now, I have taken the pledge to go handmade this season...I am trying to make all my gifts, or buy handmade gifts (tho I will admit, each of my kids will be getting one thing not-so handmade). When I went to the store, I intended on picking up a scrapbook mag...but then I saw this and I couldn't resist...it is filled with some of the most fun and functional projects! If you are a sewer, and especially if you wanna go handmade this holiday season, I so recommend getting this magazine! It is so worth it...filled with ideas, and patterns (even full size patterns for a few different skirts! WAY COOL!!!)

I wish I could be sewing right now, by responsibilities call (read: 3 1/2 year old wanting a snack)...but watch this space cause I will be sharing the projects I make with you here, and I hope I can help inspire you to go handmade this season, too!

No comments: