Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quote Junkie

I'm a quote junkie! At least I can admit it ;)

I stumbled across this in my email this morning...

“The best effect of any book is that it excites the reader to self activity.”
Scottish Historian Thomas Carlyle

and I love it! I thought it fitting to share since a couple weeks ago I created a Scottish Cultural Display for the World Beat Gallery (downtown Salem, Oregon - Reed Opera House - 3rd floor) and formatted and published a free educational curriculum to coordinate with it (which can be downloaded - FREE - here!) AND now...I am working on (among many other things) getting ready for the 2008 summer reading club for the homeschool group with which I volunteer....PLUS, books excite me (read last post) so well, this quote is my inspiration for today...maybe it will inspire you, too!

No comments: