Sunday, October 21, 2007

the {W}RIGHT men

I have had this photo of my eldest son, father and grandfather for years...probably about 8. It has followed me around, never getting put into the stacks of other photos, but rather, always mixed in with my note books or papers. The poor photo has been shuffled here and there, just begging for some attention - an envelope to keep it safe, or a frame to show it off...well, I finally did one step better and scrapped it! :)

It sat matted for some time, and it was not until I got a little push with a "finish those projects" challenge, that I actually completed a layout for this baby. I am so glad I did! I absolutely LOVE how it turned out and I can't wait to show it off! I emailed it to my dad this morning :)

Solid cardstock is DCVW. Patterned paper and embellishments (minus black ribbon) are all Heidi Grace from the Maple Crest Ct. line. It is a great line, I was just not sure where to go with all the goodies...chipboard, cardstock stickers, rub-ons, flowers...finally, something spoke to me and they all came together! I antiqued all the edges, used white pen for part of the title, and did some of my own doodles to accent the rub-ons used. The background is orange, although it looks like it has a pink hue to it in the photo. The colors are all very soft...and I just love it (did I say that already?)

Thanks for looking!!!

No comments: