Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wee Bundle....

So, I took a class at a local stamp/craft/scrap shop with a friend the other day and picked up the most adorable "wee bundle". This is an adorable paper line by Sassafrass called Sunshine Lollipops! It rocks!

BUT...I discovered a discrepancy when I was transferring it to my 6x6 album where I "showcase" my mini papers until used...it's not 6x6. :( It is 5.75 x 5.75. Normally, I would not make a big deal of out it, but I had big plans for this little paper...calculated plans...that now must be recalculated. I wonder if all these "wee bundles" are like this...I wonder why? Maybe Sassafras will have an answer...

None the less, it's too yummy NOT to scrap...I have just had to modify my plans...I started by using the cover (every scrap is sacred!) and created this card for a friend...this card is long overdue and I hope it is a nice surprise for her!

I used the Fiskars Comma Squeeze punch for the orange birdie...as well as HG chipboard for the beak, and a Cloud 9 raindot for the wing. The bow is a scrap of fabric left over from a quilt I made a while ago...same with the "ribon" Oh and yes, those are the Fiskars Threading Water and Leave it to Weaver border punches...and ink, lots of ink! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man I adore this LINE!! LOVE IT!!!

java diva said...

That card is beautiful! Thanks so much! YOu are soooo thoughtful! I'll have your card in the mail tomorrow. NO, seriously.
:P