Friday, January 25, 2008

It's in the Genes...

Last night I attended a genealogy info session. I have always been interested in the subject, but never done a whole lot to track the family history. I have some odd papers and photos, but today, I took the first big step into recording what I know; I started a genealogy notebook. I also called my parents to pick their brains (they are getting back to me! :)) Next time I visit them, I will also attempt to get into the family photos. There are enough to last me a while...now, where to find the time to create a "family" scrapbook! :D

2 comments:

Noel said...

oh good for you Carlee! My grandmother gave me all of the family geneolgy stuff before she passed away, so I need to be the family geneoligist too. But it seems like such a huge undertaking. I'm so glad you are getting started for your family! It's important...

Groovy Doodles Deborah said...

Hi Carlee! Just dropping by for a visit and thought I would let you know that I am also the historian of my family. I have been working on genealogy for many years now and outside of my scrapbooking it is my #1 pasttime. If you ever need any friendly hints, drop by.

Have a great day!
Deborah