Friday, November 2, 2007

This is Halloween - This is Halloween!

Noel Mignon Challenge for the past couple weeks has been Halloween...and since I always love a good challenge, I dug through the boxes and boxes of photos and actually found some Halloween pics (and finally scrapped them!) Of course, Halloween is my FAVORITE time of year, so just adding them to the regular album was not good enough, plus for some Halloweens I only have 1 or 2 (not so good) pics...so I decided to create an album just for our Halloween adventures. I am calling it "This is Halloween -This is Halloween" after the Nightmare Before Christmas song. When I get around to a front page, I will add the lyrics. I know Aoife will appreciate that because she runs around the house singing that song all the time - like mother, like daughter!

So, I am off to a pretty good start...

Halloween 1997. Spider-Man costume (which was more of an every day jogging suit cause the kid loved Spider-Man so much - another genetic trait ;)) made by yours truly...heck, my leopard fur pants, vest and ears were made by me, too!

Next...VAMPRINCESS! Another Carlee outfit...crushed velvet bodice, lace trim neck and sleeves, spiderweb netting overskirt and black satin underskirt...she was adorable!
And finally...
Anne Boleyn, Back from the Dead :) And another dress made by Carlee...30 or so spiral and/or spring steel bones in the bodice. At least 6 yards of fabric in the skirt alone. I loved making this dress...too bad I only got to wear it for one day - but at least I got to wear it to school and out at night...so it was a full day! :)

I still have some photos left to scrap: Pippi Longstocking and a baby bear; Johnny Knoxville, a dead murderer and a lady bug; a bumble bee, Vaati and Zant (Zelda characters). Oh, and I guess I will have to "redawn" my Sally costume from last year since I don't think I got any photos of me - that's what happens when you are the family photog!

Until next time...

No comments: